1. Causes of a Blocked Drain Pump
The drain pump impeller can get blocked due to various reasons:
- Foreign objects: Small objects like broken glass, food particles, or small utensils can get lodged in the drain pump, preventing it from functioning properly.
- Accumulation of grease or detergent: Over time, grease and detergent can accumulate and harden, obstructing the drain pump.
2. Symptoms of a Blocked Drain Pump
- Water does not drain out of the dishwasher after the cycle is completed.
- The dishwasher displays an E-25 error code.
3. How to Fix a Blocked Drain Pump
Disclaimer: Be sure to unplug the dishwasher before attempting any repairs.
Step 1: Check for Foreign Objects
- Remove the bottom rack of the dishwasher and locate the drain pump. It is usually situated at the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Check for any visible foreign objects like glass shards or food particles. Use a pair of tweezers or needle-nose pliers to remove them.
Step 2: Clean the Drain Pump
- If you found foreign objects, there might be more inside the pump. Consult your dishwasher's manual for instructions on how to remove and clean the drain pump.
- Once removed, clean the pump thoroughly with water and a mild detergent. Make sure to remove all debris.
Step 3: Reassemble and Test
- Reassemble the dishwasher and run a short cycle to see if the problem is resolved.
4. When to Seek Professional Help
If cleaning the drain pump does not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to replace the drain pump. In this case, it is advisable to seek professional help.
A blocked drain pump can be a frustrating issue, but with a little effort, you can often resolve it yourself. However, if cleaning the pump does not work, it is important to seek professional help.
If you need a technician or a company to order an original Bosch drain pump with a warranty and install it, you can contact QFIX Appliance Repair. We are a licensed and insured appliance repair service, and we offer fast and affordable repairs with genuine OEM parts.